GIG-ARTS 2017 will be held at the headquarters of the conference co-sponsor The Paris Institute for Advanced Study (Paris IAS). The Hôtel de Lauzun is a 17th Century building located in the heart of Paris, on Ile Saint-Louis, 17 quai d'Anjou, 75004 Paris. See neighborhood map.
- Métro line 7: stop at Pont Marie or Sully Morland
- Métro line 1: stop at Saint-Paul
- Bus lines 86 or 87: stop at Pont de Sully - Quai de Béthune
- Bus line 67: stop at Pont de Sully - Quai de Béthune (Direction Pigalle) or at Ile Saint-Louis (Direction Stade Charléty - Porte de Gentilly)
- Bus line 24: stop at Pont de la Tournelle - Cardinal Lemoine (Direction Gare Saint Lazare)
Public transport from airports and international train stations:
Public transport might prove not only cheaper, but also quicker than taxi or bus at peak hours and in other cases of traffic jam. Information and transport maps are available from RATP transport company.
- From Orly airport:
Take the driverless train Orlyval from the airport to Anthony station. Then take RER B (commuter train) Direction Aéroport Charles de Gaulle - Mitry - Claye, and get out at Chatelet station, then take the metro line 7 (Direction Mairie d’Ivry - Villejuif Louis Aragon) for two stations until Sully Morland. The ride with Orlyval takes 6 minutes, and the one with RER B takes 25-30 minutes. The total cost is approximately 12€. Take your ticket at the airport vending machines close to the airport train station, and use it all the way through, including in the métro.
- From Roissy - Charles de Gaulle airport:
Take the RER B (commuter train) from the airport train station (prefer a direct one) to Paris, then get out at Chatelet station, then take the metro line 7 (Direction Mairie d’Ivry - Villejuif Louis Aragon) for two stations until Sully Morland. Alternatively, you may stop at Gare du Nord (one station before Chatelet) and follow instructions below. The ride from airport to Chatelet or Gare du Nord takes 25-30 minutes and costs approximately 10€. Take your ticket at the airport vending machines close to the airport train station, and use it all the way through, including in the métro.
- From Gare du Nord (arrival of Eurostar and Thalys trains):
Take métro line 4 (Direction Montrouge) or line 5 (Direction Place d'Italie) for one station until Gare de l'Est, then take line 7 (Direction Mairie d'Ivry - Villejuif Louis Aragon) and stop at Sully Morland
- From Gare de Lyon (arrival of TGV Lyria):
Take métro line 1 (Direction La Défense) for two stations and stop at Saint-Paul
Hotels nearby (maximum 10-15 minutes by métro or bus; 15-20 minutes walking):
Apartments and few hotels in the immediate neighborhood:
Check this list
3 Stars Hotels:
- Hôtel Saint Christophe
- Hôtel Best western quartier latin - Panthéon
- Hôtel des Grandes Écoles
- Hôtel des Arènes
- Hôtel des Nations Saint-Germain
- Timhotel Jardin des plantes
2 Stars Hotels:
- Hôtel Royal Cardinal
- Hôtel Vendôme Saint-Germain
- Confort Hôtel Mouffetard
- Hôtel Maxim quartier latin
- Hôtel de France quartier latin